- Find your Inner Rhythm and Dance
- Sherlock Holmes and the Singing Specter of Blagcross Castle at Riley’s Farm
- Open Enrollment for selection of rotation of tow service providers opens March 1
- Rep. Cook praises Peru’s rescinding Venezuela’s invitation to Summit of the Americas
- Partnership allows students to earn Univ. of La Verne degrees at CHC
YHS Sports Teams Head for Playoffs
Several Yucaipa High School sports teams will head into the post season later this week, with matchups announced by the CIF Southern Section over the weekend.
After finishing the season 11-1 in league play, the girls water polo team will face off against Los Altos High School in the first round of playoffs. The team tied with Cajon High school for the top position in the Citrus Belt League. Both had 11-1 records in league. Each team’s only loss came against the other. The water polo team will play Wednesday.
Yucaipa’s boys soccer team will head into a wild card game at Los Ojos High School on Wednesday as well. The team finished third in league, with a record of 8-5-1. Los Ojos finished second in the Baseline league.
The girls basketball finished the season with an 11-3 record, taking the second spot in league behind undefeated Cajon. Yucaipa will play against Diamond Bar in the first round of playoffs.
The girls soccer team will also play on Thursday, matching up against Northwood in the first round of Division 2 playoffs. Yucaipa’s girls soccer team finished the regular season 8-5-1.