- The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Returns To Riley’s Farm
- Legislation to combat transnational gangs supported by Rep. Paul Cook
- Yucaipa’s 2017 Autumn Festival to feature hometown fun on October 13 and 14
- Community Calendar: September 18
- Plan to support the YAPS “Bets For Pets” fundraiser to help benefit local pets
YHS Boys Soccer Moves Forward in Playoffs
Last week the post season kicked off for high school sports teams. Yucaipa High School sent four of its varsity teams to the playoffs – the boys soccer team and the girls basketball, soccer and water polo teams.
On Wednesday the boys soccer team travelled to Los Ojos High School in Rancho Cucamonga for a wild card game, where the Thunderbirds defeated the Grizzlies. Senior Jakob Salinas scored three of the teams four goals in the game.
Yucaipa played in the first round of the CIF Southern Section playoffs Friday afternoon. The team travelled to Rio Mesa, where they won 2-1. They will play Wednesday against Cathedral in the second round.
Yucaipa’s girls water polo team also played Wednesday in a first round playoff game. They were defeated 13-3 at Los Altos. The girls water polo team ends the season with a 23-7-0 overall record.
On Thursday the girls soccer and basketball teams both fell in their first playoff games as well. The soccer team travelled to Northwood High School in Irvine, where they were defeated 4-0.
The girls basketball team finished its season 19-6 overall after falling to Diamond Bar 57-31 on Thursday.