- Find your Inner Rhythm and Dance
- Sherlock Holmes and the Singing Specter of Blagcross Castle at Riley’s Farm
- Open Enrollment for selection of rotation of tow service providers opens March 1
- Rep. Cook praises Peru’s rescinding Venezuela’s invitation to Summit of the Americas
- Partnership allows students to earn Univ. of La Verne degrees at CHC
YHS Boys Soccer Moves Forward in Playoffs
Last week the post season kicked off for high school sports teams. Yucaipa High School sent four of its varsity teams to the playoffs – the boys soccer team and the girls basketball, soccer and water polo teams.
On Wednesday the boys soccer team travelled to Los Ojos High School in Rancho Cucamonga for a wild card game, where the Thunderbirds defeated the Grizzlies. Senior Jakob Salinas scored three of the teams four goals in the game.
Yucaipa played in the first round of the CIF Southern Section playoffs Friday afternoon. The team travelled to Rio Mesa, where they won 2-1. They will play Wednesday against Cathedral in the second round.
Yucaipa’s girls water polo team also played Wednesday in a first round playoff game. They were defeated 13-3 at Los Altos. The girls water polo team ends the season with a 23-7-0 overall record.
On Thursday the girls soccer and basketball teams both fell in their first playoff games as well. The soccer team travelled to Northwood High School in Irvine, where they were defeated 4-0.
The girls basketball team finished its season 19-6 overall after falling to Diamond Bar 57-31 on Thursday.