- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
Redlands Bicycle Classic/Yucaipa Circuit Race Seek Volunteers for Upcoming Race
The Redlands Bicycle Classic is scheduled for five days of cycling action from Tuesday, March 12 through Sunday, March 17 with the Yucaipa Circuit Race set for Friday, March 15. The Yucaipa event begins at 9:00 a.m. with the 15 laps, 25.5 miles PossAbilities Para-cycle Circuit Road Race. This is followed by the 10:00 a.m. 6 laps, 90.0 miles Yucaipa Road Race for Men. Lastly, the 4 laps, 61.8 miles Yucaipa Road Race for Women will begin at 11:10 a.m.
The success of all of the races of the Redlands Bicycle Classic is dependent on the commitment of hundreds of volunteers. The classic is a 100 percent volunteer-run organization that works year-round to ensure the safety and success of all the events.
Volunteers are needed in many capacities but the greatest need is for race marshals. Marshals are responsible for keeping autos off the course when bicyclists are in the vicinity, for pedestrian control, for assisting residents in reaching their destinations and for ensuring the safety of the riders and the public. Race marshal training will be provided by Redlands Bicycle Classic and law enforcement personnel.
Other volunteers that are needed for the upcoming race(s) include:
- Individuals to assist with fundraising and writing press releases
- People with bike racing experience that can serve as Tech Team members
- Folks to serve as generalist to file forms, run errands, etc.
- People with computer backgrounds to help with office tasks
- Individuals to work on the technical aspects of the races –logistics, permitting, setup, teardown, course fencing and signage, vehicle management and driving
- Individuals and families to provide host housing for race team members – hosts provide sleeping space, use of a bathroom, and refrigerator space. Providing food is not required but a host family may offer to share meals or give the riders full use of the kitchen.
If you are interested volunteering in any of the above capacities please contact the organization at: 909-798-0865 Redlands or via mail at: Bicycle Classic, P.O. Box 7880, Redlands, CA 92375 or online at: http://www.redlandsclassic.com.
Presented by the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, the Redlands Bicycle Classic is the longest continuous running invitational, professional stage race in American bike racing. The Redlands Bicycle Classic’s long heritage of attracting future stars has earned its position in history: “Where Legends Are Born!”