- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
City Council approves permit for Sunday’s Yucaipa BMX – State Qualifier Race
The Yucaipa City Council approved a Special Event Permit for the Sunday, March 4 Yucaipa BMX – State Qualifier Race during Monday’s regular City Council meeting. The Council approved the Special Event Permit unanimously as part of the Consent Agenda.
Gates at the Yucaipa BMX Park will open at 8:00 a.m. Sign-ups will open at 11 a.m., practice for kids 8 and under will begin at 12 p.m. and open practice starts at 1:00 p.m. Sign-ups will close at 1:45 p.m. and racing is set to begin shortly after 2 p.m. The BMX event is open to the public and races are structured for riders of all ages. The event is expected to end at 6:00 p.m.
The applicant has reserved additional portable restrooms for the use and comfort of the event’s attendees. The event will also feature various vendors and BMX repair booths will be onsite.
Parking for this special event will be allowed in five designated locations:
- The Yucaipa BMX parking lot
- Street parking along Thunderbird Way
- Street parking on 13th
- The 13th Sports Complex parking lot
- Yucaipa High School’s (YHS) Baseball Field parking lot
The Yucaipa BMX Skatepark is located at 12044 13th St. in Yucaipa.