- Animal Care and Control Announces New Fee Schedule
- San Bernardino County Mandated to Close Certain Indoor Business Operations
- Senate Republicans Request Columbus Statue Remain at State Capitol
- How to Celebrate 4th of July Safely During Coronavirus
- Crafton Hills Respiratory Care Program Receives CoARC Award
Yucaipa Mayor Pro Tem David Avila to Chair Omnitrans Board of Directors
Yucaipa Mayor Pro Tem David Avila has been elected to chair the Omnitrans Board of Directors. He will be assisted by Montclair Mayor Javier “John” Dutrey who was elected to serve as vice chair. Omnitrans is the public transit agency providing 11 million passenger trips per year in the San Bernardino Valley including ridership from Yucaipa.
A 30-year resident of Yucaipa, Avila has served on the City Council since 2014. He joined the Omnitrans Board in January 2017 and has served on the Board’s Administrative and Finance Committee and the Executive Committee. He also represents Yucaipa on the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) Board of Directors.
“Omnitrans plays vital role in our community, transporting thousands of people to work, school, shopping, medical appointments, recreation and safely back home again,” said Avila. “As Board chair, I want to ensure that we continue to meet customer needs while also being fiscally responsible.”
Omnitrans was founded in 1976 and is governed by a 19-member board representing 15 cities and San Bernardino County. Currently the bus service is providing $1 summer youth fares through August.