- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Sen. Mike Morrell Shares His Current Legislation Information and Upcoming Committee Assignments
State Senator Mike Morrell (R-23rd District-Rancho Cucamonga) recently published his latest newsletter which shared the bills he is currently working on. February 22 was the last day for state senators to introduce bills for consideration this year. Sen. Morrell will be working with his peers to pass multiple pieces of legislation; the list below represents his primary legislation for the remainder of 2018-19:
- SB 341 – Pension Reform. Taking steps to reduce debt for future generations while ensuring that promises are kept to employees.
- SB 384 – Alleviating California’s housing crisis. The bill takes a serious look at local development fees, ways to increase tax credits to help first-time homebuyers, and streamlining environmental regulations on housing construction, similar to what’s been done for sports arenas.
- SB 562 – Tax Relief for Disabled Veterans. This bill would increase property tax exemptions for disabled veterans, in order to keep up with the rising cost of housing in California.
- SB 709 – The Sexual Abuse Free Education Act (SAFE Act). This bill is a reintroduction of last year’s SB 1456 which would have taken needed steps to standardize screening and hiring practices in schools to ensure that predators with a history of child sex abuse cannot game the system, jumping from job to job without consequences or accountability for their actions.
To see the entire list of legislation before the California Legislature, go to the Legislative Information website at: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/.
Looking forward to the 2019-20 legislative year Sen. Morrell also shared his upcoming committee assignments in his recent newsletter which will include:
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Budget and Fiscal Review
- Budget Subcommittee #1 on Education
- Public Safety
Sen. Morrell will also be serving as vice chair for two other committees which include:
- Labor, Public Employment and Retirement