- Experts Encourage Families to have a Plan for When Disaster Strikes
- County Health Officer Issue Smoke Advisory for El Dorado Fire
- Crafton ASL Instructor’s Program Being Utilized Across the Nation
- Applications being accepted for Youth Advisory Committee through Sept. 30
- First Digital Victim Advocate Program Launched In California
“No Budget No Pay Act” co-sponsored by Rep. Paul Cook
Rep. Paul Cook (R-Apple Valley) recently announced that he has signed on as a co-sponsor of the “No Budget No Pay Act”, HR 4814.
Cook has said, “This is common sense. If you don’t get your job done, you shouldn’t get paid. Congress has an obligation to the American people to pass a budget and to do it on-time. It’s that simple.”
HR 4814 would prohibit members of the House or the Senate from getting a paycheck if their respective chamber does not pass a budget by April 15.
Cook has served as an infantry officer and retired after 26 years as a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps. While in combat he was awarded the Bronze Star and two Purple hearts. Currently he is a member of the House Natural Resources, the Armed Services and the Foreign Affairs Committees.