- Experts Encourage Families to have a Plan for When Disaster Strikes
- County Health Officer Issue Smoke Advisory for El Dorado Fire
- Crafton ASL Instructor’s Program Being Utilized Across the Nation
- Applications being accepted for Youth Advisory Committee through Sept. 30
- First Digital Victim Advocate Program Launched In California
Filing Period Opens Monday for Three Council Seats Up this November
Yep, that’s right. It’s election season again and Council districts 3, 4 and 5 will be decided in this year’s general election on Tuesday, November 3.
The candidate filing period will be July 13 through August 7 at City Hall, 34272 Yucaipa Blvd. Candidates will be given informational handbooks at the time they obtain papers.
In order to be a candidate for City Council Member they must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before election day
- Reside in, and be a registered voter in, the district in which he or she seeks election at the time nomination papers are issued
- Reside in the district during their incumbency
Additional information about the upcoming election and filing candidacy papers can be obtained from the General Services/City Clerk’s Department at 909-797-2489, ext. 230 or 221.