- Yucaipa to get new 10 Freeway interchange at Wildwood Canyon Road
- Places of Worship Allowed to Resume Services with No More Than 100 People
- Crafton Hills Multimedia Students Participate in Logo Design Contest
- CDC Issues Guidelines for Reopening Schools
- Short-Term Rental Properties May Now Open for Guests
2020-21 Capital Fellows Program Now Taking Applications
Attention college students and recent grads. Do you have aspirations for a career in public service? Or interested in the court system? Here’s your chance to get hands on experience through the Capital Fellow Program.
The Center for California Studies at CSU Sacramento administers four fellowship programs that offer unique experiences in policy-making and development in each branch of government. Many of the individuals who have completed the program have gone on to pursue careers in public service in and around the State Capitol.
Applications for the program are due by February 3, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. All applicants must include a personal or policy statement, three letters of recommendation and college transcripts with their completed online application.
Capital Fellows spend 10-11 months as part of a cohort working in a Legislative, Executive or Judicial Branch office. Qualified applicants must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree by September 1st of the fellowship year and either a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher or a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the last 60 (semester) or 90 (quarter) units.
- Be 20 years of age or older by Sept. 1 of the fellowship year.
- Non-U.S. citizens must provide proof of appropriate immigration status. The program does not meet the requirements for F-1 or J-1 visas, nor any work permits requiring participation in the E-verify system.
- Applicants must be prepared for full-time employment, Monday – Friday.
Further information on the program and applications are available at: https://www.csus.edu/center/center-california-studies/capital-fellows.html