- ‘Peter Pan’ production opens this Saturday at Yucaipa Little Theatre
- Public School Educator Sean McMurray arrested for Sexual Abuse with Yucaipa Child under 14 years
- Join in the Special Activities at the SBC Museum on Earth Day Sunday April 22
- Yucaipa Youth Advisory Committee hosts Color-Me-Miles Color Run this Saturday, sign-ups available
- Senator Morrell Expresses Concern over Amended Version of Sexual Abuse Free Education (SAFE) Act
Yucaipa schedules next CERT training; prepare for the next emergency
Floods, fires, earthquakes, mudslides and a host of other disasters can plague beautiful southern California. Prepare for the next calamity by training to be a member of Yucaipa’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and be ready to better help yourself, your family and others in the community.
CERT is a structured 20-hour program that prepares you to help in various ways in the event of a disaster. During a major incident, emergency service personnel will not be able to reach everyone immediately. By becoming CERT trained, you will have the skills to assist your family and neighbors, potentially save lives and help protect property. CERT groups are known and trusted resources to emergency responders and the local community. As a member of CERT, you may be called upon to respond to disasters, participate in drills and exercises and various city events.
Registration is now open for the next CERT training for the following dates:
Friday, March 9, 2018 – 5 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 10, 2018 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, March 11, 2018 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The upcoming Yucaipa CERT training is open to Yucaipa residents and employees, ages 18 and older. Classes will be held in the Banquet Room at the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa. To register go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cert-20-hour-basic-training-course-tickets-39500162048; for questions contact Kim Everts at 909/797-2489 ext. 221.