- San Bernardino County’s Footsteps2Brillance Summer Reading Challenge Now Underway
- Celebrating the Tax Advantages of Homeownership
- Hurry! Yucaipa’s 2019 Summer Youth Basketball Registration Extended Until Thursday, June 14
- CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
- Community Calendar: June 10
Yucaipa Police Station’s Accident Investigation Team Requests Witnesses to Nov. 6 Fatal Collision
A traffic collision that occurred Tuesday, Nov. 6 at the intersection of Yucaipa Blvd. and Bryant St. in Yucaipa has left a 77-year-old Yucaipa man deceased. The Yucaipa Police Station’s Major Accident Investigation Team is requesting anyone who witnessed this fatal collision or who may have additional information about the crash to contact them at them at: 909-918-2305.
At approximately 8:16 a.m. pedestrian Darrel Teeters was walking north on Bryant St. at the intersection of Yucaipa Blvd. while the driver, David Higgins, age 37 of Yucaipa, was traveling south on Bryant St. Higgins turned left onto Yucaipa Blvd. and allegedly struck the pedestrian who was legally crossing inside the crosswalk. The cause of this collision is currently under investigation. Teeters was transported to the Redlands Community Hospital due to significant injuries. He died as a result of those injuries approximately an hour later.
Witnesses and anyone with information about this fatal accident can contact he Yucaipa Police Station or those wishing to remain anonymous can call the We-Tip Hotline a: 1-800-782-7463 or go to: www.wetip.com.