- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
Yucaipa Police Department is Looking for New Volunteers
If your New Year’s resolution is to give back to your community with your time and talent then consider becoming a volunteer with the Yucaipa Police Department. Adults have the opportunity to choose between three assignments – Citizen Volunteer/Citizen Patrol, Search & Rescue Citizen Volunteer or as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff. Older teens can volunteer through the Explorer Scout program.
Minimum requirements to participate include no felony convictions, no pending misdemeanor or felony court cases, and a valid driver’s license or identification card (Explorer Scouts excluded). Additionally, applicants must be a legal United States resident and possess a high school diploma or GED (again, Explorer Scouts excluded).
Being a YPD volunteer is an excellent opportunity to not only give back to your community but also help in making an even better place to live and/or work. If you’re interested in this kind of volunteerism, drop by the YPD station at 34144 Yucaipa Blvd. and request an application or apply online at: http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/divisions/volunteer-forces/.