- OmniTrans Offering Third Year of 1 Summer Discount Fare for Youth Ages 18 Years and Younger
- San Bernardino County’s Footsteps2Brillance Summer Reading Challenge Now Underway
- Celebrating the Tax Advantages of Homeownership
- Hurry! Yucaipa’s 2019 Summer Youth Basketball Registration Extended Until Thursday, June 14
- CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
Yucaipa Police Department is Looking for New Volunteers
If your New Year’s resolution is to give back to your community with your time and talent then consider becoming a volunteer with the Yucaipa Police Department. Adults have the opportunity to choose between three assignments – Citizen Volunteer/Citizen Patrol, Search & Rescue Citizen Volunteer or as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff. Older teens can volunteer through the Explorer Scout program.
Minimum requirements to participate include no felony convictions, no pending misdemeanor or felony court cases, and a valid driver’s license or identification card (Explorer Scouts excluded). Additionally, applicants must be a legal United States resident and possess a high school diploma or GED (again, Explorer Scouts excluded).
Being a YPD volunteer is an excellent opportunity to not only give back to your community but also help in making an even better place to live and/or work. If you’re interested in this kind of volunteerism, drop by the YPD station at 34144 Yucaipa Blvd. and request an application or apply online at: http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/divisions/volunteer-forces/.