- CDFW Offers Tips for Steering Clear of Rattlesnakes as the Weather Warms Up
- Yucaipa to get new 10 Freeway interchange at Wildwood Canyon Road
- Places of Worship Allowed to Resume Services with No More Than 100 People
- Crafton Hills Multimedia Students Participate in Logo Design Contest
- CDC Issues Guidelines for Reopening Schools
Yucaipa PD Hosting Start Smart Class for Teen Drivers
Traffic Collisions have become the leading cause of death among teens 16-19 years old. In an effort to prepare future and recently licensed drivers, the Yucaipa Police Department will be hosting the California Highway Patrol (CHP) for their Start Smart program on January 22.
During the course, CHP officers speak directly to the newly licensed driver and their parents/guardians through candid conversations, discussing topics such as collision avoidance techniques along with collision causing elements such as excessive speed, DUI, and distracted driving. Start Smart makes teens and parents aware of the responsibilities they face and teaches what precautions to take to stay safe; such as the importance of seat belt unsafe, passengers in the vehicle and what to do when involved in a collision.
The course will be held from 6:00 – 8:00 pm and is free for teens 15-19 years old and their parent/guardian. Some insurance companies may offer a discount for teens who attend the course. Space is limited so reservations are required. Contact Rachel Achilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-918-2305 to secure your spot. Yucaipa PD is located at 34144 Yucaipa Boulevard.