- Multi-Chamber Mixer at Yucaipa Valley Golf Club Set for Wednesday, April 17
- Do You Wonder – “Is It Normal Aging or Is It Dementia?”
- Start Gathering Your Household Waste Now for the April 13 Round-Up
- Plan Now for Aging-in-Place Home Improvements
- April 13 is the City of Yucaipa’s Annual Eggstravaganza
Yucaipa Community Services Recruiting Crossing Guard for 2018/2019 School Year
If you love working with children, looking for a part-time job, like working outdoors and are older than 18 years-of-age, you should consider applying for the open position of Crossing Guard with the city of Yucaipa. The city is responsible for assisting school-aged children cross streets before and after school at designated locations within the cities of Yucaipa and Calimesa.
Requirements for the position include:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Shift schedule depends on school site schedule; shifts be between: 7:15-9:15 a.m. and 12:00-3:30 p.m. Employees will work one (1) hour per day, five days per week.
- Must possess or must obtain a First Aid/CPR/AED certification within 60 days of employment. (Arrangements can be made with/by the city.)
Typical duties of this position include:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with motorists and pedestrians;
- Ensuring patron and public safety;
Familiarity with traffic rules and regulations: Using STOP signs, stops traffic and escorts or supervises children crossing streets at intersections;
- Having excellent public relations skills and customer service;
- Maintains surveillance of children walking or playing near the street and alerts them of traffic when necessary;
- Reports accidents or unusual traffic incidents to school authorities or police.
The city’s full job description, the job application and supplemental questionnaire can be found at www.yucaipa.org/employment. All completed materials should be submitted to:
City of Yucaipa
Attn.: Personnel Division
34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
Yucaipa, CA 92399
Compensation for position is $11 per hour, increasing to $12 per hour effective Jan. 1, 2019. The position is limited to a maximum of 950 per fiscal year.
Contact Community Services Supervisor Todd Gutjahr at the city of Yucaipa, at 909-797-1177 with any questions or need for additional information. The city of Yucaipa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status or disability.