- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
Yucaipa, Calimesa Schools Planning for Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten 2019-20 Registration
Is your preschooler turning five before Dec. 2 this year? If so, he/she will be eligible for enrollment in either Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten in the Yucaipa Calimesa Joint Unified School District (YCJUSD).
Kindergarten eligible children must be five year of age or older on or before Sept. 1, 2019. Children who will be turning five years old between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2, 2019 will be eligible for the Transitional Kindergarten program. The YCJUSD will be issuing registration packets and accepting completed applications beginning Monday, March 4, 2019 for Calimesa, Chapman Heights, Dunlap, Ridgeview Valley and Wildwood elementary schools. Kindergarten registration for the Competitive Edge Charter School (CECA) have been accepted through a separate registration process.
To complete a child’s registration at a child’s home elementary school parents must bring the following documents:
- The enrolling child’s birth certificate or other age verification documentation
- A family’s current utility bill for provide proof of residence
- The enrolling child’s past immunization record including information of serious diseases and injuries (California state law requires students entering Kindergarten to complete immunizations for diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles (rubella and rubeola), mumps, hepatitis B and varicella.) Children without the required immunizations cannot be registered for school.
Parents whose children are in need of any of the required immunizations can take the child to the San Bernardino County (SBC) Department of Public Health Clinic at 351 N. Mt. View in San Bernardino. Immunizations to satisfy all state requirements are available for $10. For additional information regarding the state required immunization for children entering Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten, call the SBC Public Health Clinic at: 800-722-4777.
Additionally, all first-graders should have a physical examination completed prior to the first day of the new school year. A physical administered within 18 months prior to the first day of school for first- graders will be accepted. Students whose families do not have health insurance, or who have Medi-Cal, can get physicals through the San Bernardino County Health Department by calling: 800-880-5305.
For questions or additional information regarding Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten register, call YCJUSD at 909-797-0174. To determine your closest/designated home, go to: http://apps.schoolsitelocator.com/?districtcode=85724. Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten registrations can be processed directly at the home school. Please check below for phone number for your school site and inquire regarding office hours:
- Calimesa Elementary School 13523 Second Street 909-790-8570
- Chapman Heights Elementary School 33692 Cramer Road 909-790-8080
- Dunlap Elementary School 32870 Avenue E 909-797-5171
- Ridgeview Elementary School 11021 Sunnyside Drive 909-790-3270
- Valley Elementary School 12333 Eighth Street 909-797-1125
- Wildwood Elementary School 35972 Susan Street 909-790-8521