- CA Association of Counties awards San Bernardino with five best practice recognitions
- Free Hands-Only CPR Training at Crafton Hills College Next Thursday
- Cosmic Nights with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers at the SBC Museum
- Rep. Paul Cook to Hold Information Session for Students Interested in Attending Military Academies
- SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
Yucaipa Branch Library to Launch Summer Reading Program
Are you and your kids ready to “Set Sail for Adventure?” The Yucaipa Branch Library has announced their plans for this year’s Summer Reading Program and have planned numerous adventure activities for children to encourage them to continue reading throughout their summer vacation.
San Bernardino County (SBC)’s Yucaipa Librarian Liz Williams has indicated that they want children to maintain their academic reading level between the end of the school year and the start of school in the fall. Whereas the state-wide goal is for children to read three books this summer, SBC has much more ambitious reading goals for children based on their age.
The Summer Reading Program will begin next Monday with a Kick-off Event at 11:30 a.m. and again at 1:30 p.m. featuring The Wacko Magic Show. Each Monday through August 4 will feature a performer at 3:30 p.m. such as puppeteers, magic shows and reptile education. The schedule includes:
- Monday, June 18 Thor’s Reptiles
- Monday, June 25 Noteworthy Puppets
- Monday, July 2 Joe Gandelman, Ventriloquist and Puppet Show
- Monday, July 9 Arty Loon’s Variety Show: Magic, juggling and more
- Monday, July 16 Kreepy Kreatures Reptile and Bird Show
- Monday, July 23 Kinderwise Interactive Musical Show
- Monday, July 30 Saving Wildlife International Live Animal Show
Special activities for the reading program will include a Craft Station for discovering the sea at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays designed for children ages 6 to 11. Wednesdays will be Story and Craft Time for younger children, also at 11:00 a.m. Thursdays at 11:00 will feature Water Babies, an opportunity to sing, dance and enjoy wonderful stories each week.
The Yucaipa Branch Library will be full of free activities this summer to both encourage reading and other fun learning activities. Regular Yucaipa Library hours are: Mondays through Wednesdays – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and, Saturdays — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The library is closed on Sundays.
For additional information about the Yucaipa Branch Library to: www.sbclib.org or call: 909-790-3146.