- Two San Bernardino County Classified School Employees of the Year Hail From YCJUSD
- Shred-It Event Returns To Yucaipa May 11
- The Future of Home Design Revealed in New Report
- City of Yucaipa Hosts Spring Food Drive to Benefit Local Food Banks
- Sen. Mike Morrell Authors Legislation to Increase Sex Education Curriculum Transparency
YHS Academies Achieve Linked Learning Silver Certification
Yucaipa Calimesa Joint Unified School District (YCJUSD) recently announced all three of the YHS Linked Learning Academies have received Linked Learning Silver Certified.
Academy enrollment is 863 students and the academies have partnered with many business and organizations including Sorenson Engineering, Adrian-Gaus Engineering, Yucaipa-Redlands Urgent Care, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Cal Fire Station 552, and San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department to provide students with work-based learning opportunities in their chosen career fields.
Linked Learning Certification is a standard of excellence for college and career preparation. Achieving Silver Certification demonstrates that YCJUSD pathways have integrated academics with sequenced technical training, feature meaningful work-based learning, and includes effective supports for students.
Qualified students in Linked Learning pathways that have achieved higher levels of certification will be eligible to benefit from preferences offered by employers and accelerated opportunities at postsecondary institutions.
YHS Academies are three of the five pathways certified silver in San Bernardino County and the first school to have all their pathways certified silver in the county.