- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
The Yucaipa Valley Lions Club and Yucaipa Animal Placement Society (YAPS) are hosting a fundraising event in support of the homeless animals awaiting their forever homes at the YAPS shelter. The Tails and Trails Dog Walk is a morning walk with family and friends – and of course your dog(s) – throughout the picturesque grounds of the YAPS facility on Saturday, Feb. 9 beginning at 10 a.m.
Although the walk is not a 5K, it is a 4-paw walk to celebrate YAPS Founder, Betty Martines. It was her vision that has rescued and saved the lives of many local animals and led to their adoptions by loving families.
Registration for the furry event is:
- $25.00 for ages 14 and up (includes one dog)
- $10.00 per child 13 and under (no charge for children in strollers)
- $10.00 additional adult (one additional dog per adult registration)
Additionally, you can help raise additional funds for YAPS by raising pledges. Family, friends, neighbors and co-workers might be interested in this unique fundraiser and want to participate by pledging to your walk. A pledge page can be set-up online at: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/tails-and-trails-dog-walk.
The walk will begin at the YAPS facility at 11937 13th Street in Yucaipa and will go up to Chapman Heights Road and Gold Mountain, then back to YAPS; it’s a family friendly walk and can accommodate strollers.
All pet owners under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to participate with a pet. All dogs must be on a leash at all times; retractable leashes are not permitted. All dogs must be well behaved and must be up-to-date on the following immunizations: DA2PPV, Bordetella and rabies vaccine.
To register for the event, go to: https://yaps.givezooks.com/events/tails-and-trails-dog-walk.
Each registration will include an event shirt and a goodie bag. All proceeds from the Tails and Trails event will benefit the homeless pets at YAPS. For questions or additional information contact YAPS at: 909-790-1440.