- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Wanting to Adopt a New Four-Legged Friend? Visit the Mega Pet Adoption Event this Weekend
Did you have a beloved dog or cat growing up? Are you single and looking for a pet to be your companion who can greet you after a hard day at work? Have the kids been clamoring for a dog or cat and you think they’re finally old enough to assume the responsibilities of a pet?
Whatever the reason, if you’re in the market for a pet to join you and/or your family, the 8th Annual Homeward Bound Mega Pet Adoption Event this coming weekend is a great way to check out over 200 animals available for adoption in your own community. In addition to adoption opportunities there will be a host of other activities focused around pets, keeping them safe and healthy as well as a variety of animal-related merchandise. Additionally, there will microchipping available for pets and licensing for pets belonging to residents within the San Bernardino County jurisdiction. For attendees on just two legs there will be a variety of food and drink vendors.
The Mega Pet Adoption Event will be held this weekend, Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days. The event will be held at the Yucaipa Community Park at 34900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa. The event is sponsored by the city of Yucaipa, Animals aRe First Fund (ARFF), Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley and Yucaipa Animal Placement Society (YAPS). For additional information regarding this event contact the San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control at: 909-387-4879 or go to: www.facebook.com/HomewardBoundPets.
Love and companionship can come in many forms. Perhaps you can find an extra dose of these qualities with a new pet from the upcoming Mega Pet Adoption Event.