- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
Millennium Housing, non-profit corporation based in Costa Mesa, recently hosted two Back to School events through SPARC, Inc. (Services and Programs Assisting Residents in our Communities), for 63 Yucaipa students providing them with a backpack full of school supplies for the new academic year. SPARC, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides services and programs for low-income families living in Millennium Housing’s Mobile Home Communities.
The Back to School events were held at Millennium’s Rancho del Sol and Grandview Mobile Home Parks. Participating students painted on canvas and took home their artwork as well as two new, age-appropriate, books of their choosing. The events closed with a total of three computer tablets and 16 Grad Packages being raffled off. The Grad Packages give the students the choice of either a yearbook, physical education (P.E.) clothes or a cap and gown for graduation ceremonies.
Millennium Housing was created in 1991 to provide affordable housing through the acquisition and rehabilitation of mobile home communities. They maintain 19 mobile home communities in California including Rancho del Sol Mobile Home Park at 12361 4th St. and Grandview Mobile Home Park at 12655 2nd St. Both mobile home parks are in Yucaipa.