- ‘Peter Pan’ production opens this Saturday at Yucaipa Little Theatre
- Public School Educator Sean McMurray arrested for Sexual Abuse with Yucaipa Child under 14 years
- Join in the Special Activities at the SBC Museum on Earth Day Sunday April 22
- Yucaipa Youth Advisory Committee hosts Color-Me-Miles Color Run this Saturday, sign-ups available
- Senator Morrell Expresses Concern over Amended Version of Sexual Abuse Free Education (SAFE) Act
Shred-It Event comes to Yucaipa on Oct. 7
Gather up those sensitive documents and prepare to attend the Saturday, Oct. 7 Shred-It Event hosted by the city of Yucaipa. Appropriate documents could include bank statements, old tax documents, sales receipts with credit or debit information; medical forms and information you no longer need; old bills and bill receipts; sales information for cars you no longer own; old investment and retirement statements; cancelled checks – and much more. In short, anything contains your private Social Security number, banking information and account numbers, your medical history, investment account numbers and information, credit card information and number, and information which you deem personal and private but clearly no longer need to keep.
The above examples of personal and private information also pertain if you are cleaning and disposing of a deceased loved one’s records. Stories exist of Social Security numbers, banking information and other private information have been “lifted” from trash cans and dumpsters, throughout the country, following a loved one’s obituary appearing in media sources if the information in not appropriately shredded.
Take advantage of this opportunity to safely dispose of personal and sensitive documents at this free event. The Shred-It Event will be held at the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa on the first Saturday in October from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or when the truck is full. For the safety of everyone in attendance and to ensure everyone is treated fairly, please drive through the line and do not get out of your car. Staff will be available to take your materials to the onsite shredder.