- FOG CLOG — A seasonal reminder – keep fats, oil and grease out of your pipes and sewers
- Final line-up of activities and music announced for this weekend’s Winterfest
- Congressman Paul Cook votes in favor of H.R.1, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Trout season stocking begins Thanksgiving weekend at Yucaipa Regional Park
- Crafton Hills College’s Public Safety and Allied Health Building receives LEED Gold Certification
September is Power Up And Read at the San Bernardino County Library branches
September is the San Bernardino County (SBC) Library branches’ Power Up And Read month and Mario and Luigi of Super Mario Bros fame are visiting the county’s library branches to meet with readers. Plus, library patrons may even find a jumbo Mario or Luigi stuffed animal at the various branches.
The Power Up And Read event will continue through the month of September and will be available at all San Bernardino County Library branches. For every 30 items checked out readers earn a plush Mario Bros themed keychain, plus an opportunity drawing ticket for a chance to win the grand prize: a Nintendo Gaming system! Mario and Luigi love to read and have some awesome power ups for anyone who also loves to read.
The Power Up And Read event is an opportunity to celebrate and support the Countywide Vision’s literacy campaign, Vision2Read. The San Bernardino County Library System serves a diverse population over a vast geographic area through its 32 branch libraries. The SBC Library system is committed to providing equal access to information, technology, programs, and services for all county residents.
Visit the SBC Library system at: http://www.sbclib.org or by calling 909-387-2220.