- Rep. Paul Cook Cosponsoring the College Transparency Act to Aid Families in Well-Informed Choices
- Parade Registration Now Open for the Yucaipa Christmas Parade
- Join YAPS for its Second Annual Bingo Night at Escape Craft Brewery on October 26
- Chances are Your Tween/Teen Knows More about Social Media Than You Do
- Crafton Hills College to Unveil Legacy Society Wall
SBC Community Development and Housing Department Looking for Community Input on Needs
San Bernardino County (SBC) has announced a series of community meetings to discuss community development and fair housing needs in the county. It is anticipated that these meetings will aid in the determination of housing needs and developments for years to come.
The meeting will include two major topics – the discussion of a consolidated plan and an analysis of the impediments to fair housing choices. Refreshments will be provided and children are welcome to attend with adults.
The consolidated plan discussion will assess the current housing market, discuss characteristics of the county’s population, identify community improvement priorities and outline a five-year plan to fund and implement them. Topics of discussion will include:
- Affordable Housing
- Barriers to Affordable Housing
- Citizen Participation and Consultation
- Homeless and Other Special Needs Facilities and Services
- Public and Assisted Housing
The analysis of impediments to fair housing will identify barriers to equal access to housing and neighborhood opportunities and will seek to propose strategies to overcome those barriers. Topics of discussion will include:
- Access to Opportunity
- Housing Discrimination and Hate Crimes
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Land Use and Zoning
- Public Investment
Although 19 meetings are scheduled through SBC in a 12-day period of time, a meeting in Yucaipa is scheduled for Thursday, July 11 at 5:30 p.m. in the Yucaipa City Council Chambers at 34272 Yucaipa Blvd. in Yucaipa. Other nearby meetings include Wednesday, July 17 at 5:00 p.m. at the Highland City Council Chambers at City Hall, 27215 Base Line in Highland and Thursday, July 18 at 6:00 p.m. at the Redlands Community Senior Center at111 W. Lugonia Ave. in Redlands.
Individuals with disabilities may request alternative formats or public meeting accommodations by contacting Community Development and Housing as early as possible before the scheduled meeting at 909-387-4705. If you would like to stay up-to-date with the progress of these meetings and the plans for community development and fair housing needs in SBC, for more information or to access our survey, visit: www.SBCountyPlans.com.