- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
SBC Civil Grand Jury offers public presentations and attendance at civic events to educate the public
If you’ve ever been curious to know what a grand jury does, what its responsibilities are and how to seek to become part of a jury, now is your chance to become educated on these issues. The San Bernardino County (SBC) Civil Grand Jury has announced the recent production of a brief PowerPoint presentation to educate the public on its responsibilities and duties concerning local and county governments.
Online information regarding the SBC Grand Jury indicates that its members are appointed annually by the Superior Court. Its responsibilities include investigating local government, examining instances of public office crime and corruption, and returning indictments in certain criminal cases brought before it by the District Attorney’s Office.
Members of the current Grand Jury are available the present the new PowerPoint presentation to organizations within the county. Additionally, members of the Grand Jury are available to staff a booth at various civic events.
If your organization, club or civic group is interested in scheduling either a presentation or in inviting the Grand Jury to staff a booth at an upcoming event, contact Norma Grosjean, Grand Jury Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 387-9120.