- Mountain Area Safety Taskforce Provides Information on Recognizing Suspicious Wildfire Activity
- Crafton Hills College and City of Yucaipa Install Banners Promoting the Local College
- Yucaipa Recruiting for Position of Crossing Guard for the 2018/19 School Year
- Yucaipa Rotary’s Braswell Memorial Golf Tournament Returns for 5th Annual Event on Sept. 21
- Community Calendar: August 13
SBC Air Rescue team lifts Yucaipa hiker after 30-foot fall at Big Falls
San Bernardino County’s Air Rescue 06 was contacted by medical personnel on Feb. 6 to assist a 29-year-old Yucaipa hiker who fell approximately 30 feet while hiking in the Big Falls area in Forest Falls. Hiker Christina Farrell slipped and fell while hiking down the falls on Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses observed Farrell fall and called 911 for assistance. Although she suffered major injuries, Farrell’s injuries have been determined to be non-life threatening.
The responding agencies included personnel from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and the San Bernardino County Fire Department. After locating Farrell at the base of the falls the responding personnel determined an air-assisted hoist rescue was necessary due to Farrell’s location. Once lifted into the County’s Air Rescue 06 helicopter, Farrell was flown to an area hospital for treatment.