- Artist Bernard Hoyes works open at the County Museum
- Yucaipa Voters to Cast Ballots on Transactions and Use Tax Ordinance of 2020 on March 3
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Homeowners and Homebuyers
- “Take Me Out to the Ballgame…” – Signups Underway for Yucaipa’s 2020 Spring Little Leagues
- Yucaipa Performing Arts Center Presents Jarabe Mexicano on Friday, Dec. 13
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools State of Education Addresses Planned
Yucaipa and Calimesa’s public schools are back in session and that means backpacks, packing school lunches, supervising homework but best of all – watching your children (and grandchildren) learn, grow and thrive. The Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School district (YCJUSD) is one of 33 K-12 school districts in San Bernardino County. The countywide K-12 student population is some 400,000 students attending over 550 schools that stretch over 22,000 square miles.
San Bernardino County Schools’ Superintendent Ted Alejandre has made plans to deliver his annual State of Education Address twice in September with the theme of “Inspiring Innovation.” These meetings are open to the public and are free.
The first meeting will be held on Thursday, Sept. 19 at 3:30 p.m. at the California Theatre of Performing Arts located at 562 W. Fourth St. in San Bernardino. The second State of Education Address will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at the High Desert Church at 14545 Hook Blvd. in Victorville. It also will begin at 3:30 p.m. Although neither of these meetings will be held in Yucaipa they have been planned to be centrally located in the county for the benefit of the public and prospective attendees.
For more information about these meetings, contact the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools’ Communications office at 909-386-2413.