- OmniTrans provides extensive transportation options in and around Yucaipa
- Senator Morrell to cohost annual Ark of Safety Forum on emergency preparedness
- Community Calendar: July 16
- Yucaipa Animal Placement Society recognizes Monica Harris as Volunteer of the Year
- Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
San Bernardino County Regional Parks opens applications for 2018 summer lifeguard positions
If you are 16 years old (or will be soon) or older and are interested in summer seasonal work as a lifeguard, you are invited to apply for open summer positions with the San Bernardino County (SBC) Regional Parks. Potential applicants with bilingual abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The county’s swim throughout the county will be open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. SBC maintains nine regional parks: Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park (Ontario), Glen Helen Regional Park (San Bernardino), Lake Gregory Regional Park (Crestline), Moabi Regional Park(Needles), Mojave Narrows Regional Park (Victorville), Mojave River Forks Regional Park (Hesperia), Prado Regional Park (Chino) and Yucaipa Regional Park. SBC is also responsible for Calico Ghost Town Regional Park (Yermo) and the Santa Ana River Trail and Parkway.
The following positions, salary specifics and qualifications for the 2018 Summer Swim Season:
Pool Manager – $ 15.25 hourly (One at each site)
- 21 years of age or older
- 5 Years of Lifeguard experience
- 1-2 Years of Supervisory experience
Senior Lifeguard – $ 12.50 hourly (Two at each site)
- 18 years of age or older
- 3 Years of Lifeguard experience
Returning Lifeguard – $ 12.00 hourly
- 16 years of age or older
- 1 or more years Lifeguard experience with Regional Parks
New Lifeguard – $ 11.50 hourly
- 16 Years of age or older
All applicants will be required to have CPR and First Aid certifications, prior to the first day of employment. Lifeguards will be required to show proof of current Lifeguard Certifications, valid through September 2018. All requirements must be met before the first day of work.
The SBC Regional Parks have shared the following prospective employment schedule as follows;
- Applications will be accepted continuously through April 2018
- Interviews will be scheduled January thru May of 2018
- Hiring Process for selected applicants will begin in February 2018
- Orientation and Training will be scheduled for April and May 2018
All selected applicants will be interviewed by Park and Administrative staff at the Regional Parks Administration office in San Bernardino. Individuals employed for the season’s swim season will be assigned a work location based on the Regional Park’s staffing needs. Employees’ preferred park location is not guaranteed.
If interested in applying go to: www.sbcounty.gov/hr or www.sbcounty.gov/parks.