- San Bernardino County Museum opens registration for the first of six 2018 Dome Talks
- Applications sought for “Patriots of the Past, Present, and Future” hosted by Senator Mike Morrell
- Burning Wild exhibit to open December 19 at San Bernardino County Museum
- San Bernardino County Regional Parks opens applications for 2018 summer lifeguard positions
- Heed the advice Cal Fire firefighters tell their own families how to prepare before a fire strikes
San Bernardino County Library Holiday Events underway in December
Looking for a free and fun indoors event for your children? Enjoy an afternoon with your children compliments of the San Bernardino County Library system at their Holiday Events.
Yucaipa residents are welcome to attend any of the four holiday events hosted by the SBC Library system; the nearest location is the Sam J. Racadio Library & Environmental Learning Center at 7863 Central Avenue in Highland. The event will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 19.
The holiday events will include a variety of fun-filled crafts, face painting, balloon artists and more. The events will also have special visits by some of the younger sets’ favorite characters including Santa Claus. Participants should bring their library cards, as every 15 items checked out during the events earns visitors an opportunity drawing ticket for a chance to win various prizes. All activities are free and open to all ages.
These holiday events are another opportunity to celebrate and support the Countywide Vision’s literacy campaign, Vision2Read.
Three other holiday events are being held by the SBC Library system at:
- The Lewis Library & Technology Center, 8437 Sierra Ave. in Fontana on Tuesday, Dec. 5 from 3 to 8 p.m.
- The James S. Thalman Library, 14020 City Center Dr. in Chino Hills on Thursday, Dec. 7 from 4 to 7 p.m.
- The Hesperia Branch Library, 9650 7th Ave. in Hesperia on Tuesday, Dec. 12 from 4 to 7 p.m.