- OmniTrans Offering Third Year of 1 Summer Discount Fare for Youth Ages 18 Years and Younger
- San Bernardino County’s Footsteps2Brillance Summer Reading Challenge Now Underway
- Celebrating the Tax Advantages of Homeownership
- Hurry! Yucaipa’s 2019 Summer Youth Basketball Registration Extended Until Thursday, June 14
- CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
Rialto Teacher and Yucaipa Man Arrested for Continuous Sexual Abuse to Minors
A sixth-grade teacher at Frisbie Middle School in nearby Rialto and Yucaipa resident Jose Isabel Martinez was arrested on Tuesday for PC 288.5(a), Continuous Sexual Abuse to a Minor. Martinez allegedly sexually assaulted two female children, numerous times, over the course of a few years.
On Monday, October 1, 2018, the Yucaipa Sheriff’s Station received a report of sexual abuse on two minors, a 10-year-old female and an 8-year-old female, and an investigation ensued. It was determined that although Martinez was a teacher in Rialto the identified victims are acquainted with Martinez but are not his students.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Crimes Against Children Detail, assumed responsibility for the investigation and on Tuesday arrested Martinez. Detectives believe there may be additional victims and have released Martinez’ booking photograph to aid in the investigation. Martinez has been booked at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga and bail is set at $700,000.
Anyone who has been abused by Martinez, believes they know of other minors who may have been abused by Martinez or anyone with possible information is urged to contact the Specialized Investigation Division, Crimes Against Children Detail, Detective J. Melrose 909-387-3615. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463).