- OmniTrans provides extensive transportation options in and around Yucaipa
- Senator Morrell to cohost annual Ark of Safety Forum on emergency preparedness
- Community Calendar: July 16
- Yucaipa Animal Placement Society recognizes Monica Harris as Volunteer of the Year
- Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
Yucaipa’s before and after school program — S.T.A.R.S. as in Science, Technology, Arts, Recreation for Success is now accepting applications for the 2018/2019 school year registration. Registration applications can be completed at the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Road or online through the city of Yucaipa.
S.T.A.R.S. combines fun, education, and enrichment for success for children from kindergarten through eighth grades. The program provides a quality, safe and affordable before and after-school program at multiple sites throughout the city that helps students to achieve higher grades and aids in improving school attendance and behavior. The emphasis is on creating lifelong experiences.
Sites for the 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. programs include:
- Calimesa Elementary School
- Chapman Heights Elementary School
- Dunlap Elementary School (this site is a morning only program)
- Inland Leaders Charter School (this site is an afternoon only program)
- Park View Middle School
- Ridgeview Elementary School
- Valley Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School (held on the Green Valley High School campus)
Additional information on the S.T.A.R.S. program can be found at: http://yucaipa.org/recreation/s-t-a-r-s-after-school-program/. The S.T.A.R.S. online application is available at: http://www.yucaipa.org/wp-content/uploads/com_svcs/STARS%202018_2019RegistrationForm.pdf. For questions regarding S.T.A.R.S. call: 909-790-7460.