- CA Association of Counties awards San Bernardino with five best practice recognitions
- Free Hands-Only CPR Training at Crafton Hills College Next Thursday
- Cosmic Nights with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers at the SBC Museum
- Rep. Paul Cook to Hold Information Session for Students Interested in Attending Military Academies
- SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
Public hearing on fee increase set
By Jim Steinberg
The City of Yucaipa has set a public hearing for June 25 on proposed fee increases for refuse collection.
The 6 p.m. hearing will be held in council chambers at City Hall, 34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
The fee increase is brought about by proposed increases in landfill disposal charges, changes in the consumer price index, and reduction of the recycling credit.
In addition to decreased recyclable values, the recyclable credit has been been further diminished by theft of recyclable materials and increased labor costs due to the state minimum wage and sick leave laws, the city said in its announcement of the public hearing.
The recommended increase for monthly curbside collection of 60 gallon cans would increase by nearly 2.2 percent from $26.29 to $26.89, according to the hearing notice document.
Commercial barrel service for 60 gallon containers is proposed to increase $1.30 cents, from $32.43 to $33.73, a 4 percent hike.