- Crafton Hills College Earns Five California Community Colleges’ Strong Workforce Stars
- New to Yucaipa — Racquetball Tournament on June 30
- Rep. Paul Cook Votes in Support of Legislation to Stem Opioid Epidemic
- New, Interactive Space “Gone Camping” Opens at San Bernardino County Museum
- Celebrate the 4th of July and Support YAPS at the Same Time
Public hearing on fee increase set
By Jim Steinberg
The City of Yucaipa has set a public hearing for June 25 on proposed fee increases for refuse collection.
The 6 p.m. hearing will be held in council chambers at City Hall, 34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
The fee increase is brought about by proposed increases in landfill disposal charges, changes in the consumer price index, and reduction of the recycling credit.
In addition to decreased recyclable values, the recyclable credit has been been further diminished by theft of recyclable materials and increased labor costs due to the state minimum wage and sick leave laws, the city said in its announcement of the public hearing.
The recommended increase for monthly curbside collection of 60 gallon cans would increase by nearly 2.2 percent from $26.29 to $26.89, according to the hearing notice document.
Commercial barrel service for 60 gallon containers is proposed to increase $1.30 cents, from $32.43 to $33.73, a 4 percent hike.