- A Christmas Gift for the Pet Lovers in Your Life –The 2019 YAPS Calendar
- Footsteps to You: Chattel Slavery Exhibit Open at the San Bernardino County Museum
- San Bernardino County Seeks Applications for Third District Supervisors Seat
- Riley’s Farm Files First Amendment Lawsuit Against Claremont Unified School District
- Senior Safety During the Holidays hosted Tuesday at Scherer Community Center
Preparedness key for upcoming rainy weather predictions; get your free bags for sand
It’s no secret – Southern California needs rain! And whereas this week’s forecast for precipitation through Tuesday night is most welcome preparedness by residents and businesses is key.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA)/National Weather Service is predicting hazardous weather conditions for the Yucaipa area through 6 p.m. on Tuesday night. A Flash Flood Watch will be in effect from Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 1 a.m. through 10 p.m. Also, a Wind Advisory will be in effect from Jan. 9 at 12 a.m. through 6 p.m.
Yucaipa is predicted for a 100 percent chance of heavy rain and possible thunderstorms along with breezy conditions on Tuesday. Winds are predicted to from the southeast, 20 to 25 mph with gusts as high as 40 mph.
These conditions could lead to flooding in areas affected by wildfires and those still impacted by the state’s prolonged, five-year drought (2011-2016). In order to assist the community a maximum of 25 bags for sand is being made available to residents and businesses for free at: Station No. 1/Bryant Street Fire Station at 11416 Bryant St., 909-797-1000; Station No. 2/Crafton Hills Fire Station at 32664 Yucaipa Blvd., 909-797-2313; and, Station No. 3/ Wildwood Fire Station at 34259 Wildwood Canyon Rd., 909-795-3048.
Call the fire station you plan to visit before you go to verify there hours for sand bag pickups and to confirm on-going availability.