- Generation GO! Project Underway as High School Seniors Begin County-Planned Internships
- Community Calendar: February 18
- Rep. Paul Cook Issues Statement on Averting Another Partial Government Shutdown
- Yucaipa City Council to Consider Ordinance for Collecting Single-Family Waste and Recycling Fees
- Yucaipa Kindness Month Continues for the Entire Month of February
Looking for a New Job? Crafton Hills College Offering Free Job Readiness Classes, Certificate
If you’re contemplating looking for a new job, Crafton Hills College (CHC) has a free Job Readiness Certificate program. The program includes a series of noncredit courses targeting job skills and employability. Evening classes will be held, beginning in January, at both the Yucaipa Adult School and the CHC campus.
Classes being offered at the Yucaipa Adult School will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; classes to be held at the CHC campus will be held from 4:00 to 6:15 p.m. Classes will be held on either Tuesday or Thursday at both locations. The certificate includes four courses in the following subjects: Essential Workplace Traits and Skills, Essential Skills for New Employees, Essential Customer Service, and Essential Skills for Job Search Success.
The courses will be held at the respective sites as follows:
Course description provided by CHC include the following information:
- Essential Skills for New Employees addresses workplace attire, attitude, ethics, accountability, stress management and verbal communication.
- Essential Workplace Traits and Skills will cover problem solving and cognitive skills including work ethics, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Essential Skills for Job Search Success provides prospective employees with a support system and assistance in finding jobs and interviewing skills. Job search strategies, online job resources, social networking, resumes and cover letters will be addressed.
- Essential Customer Service focuses on the customer service skills required to better serve customers/clients.
CHC’s Vice President of Instruction Dr. Keith Wurtz spoke about the new program and the certificate, and the partnership with the Yucaipa Adult School saying, “Partnering with Yucaipa Adult School to offer this job readiness certificate helps meet a community need—from people looking to build their job skills to local employers searching for the best employees. Completing these short-term classes can really boost someone’s chances at finding a new job.”
For more information about Job Readiness Certificate program and classes, contact Alex Jaco at 389-3233 or email email@example.com.