- San Bernardino County’s Footsteps2Brillance Summer Reading Challenge Now Underway
- Celebrating the Tax Advantages of Homeownership
- Hurry! Yucaipa’s 2019 Summer Youth Basketball Registration Extended Until Thursday, June 14
- CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
- Community Calendar: June 10
Keep Your Kids Busy This Summer — Registration for Yucaipa’s Summer Camp Now Open
The weather may still be featuring cool days, cloudy skies and the occasional precipitation but the calendar is telling us that the school year ends in two months and summer is around the corner. That means that parents should be planning summer activities for their children to ensure they’re safe and active — and parents are spared from the all too familiar words of, “I’m bored!”
Yucaipa’s Summer Camp registration for Yucaipa Residents opens this Saturday, April 6 at the Yucaipa Community Center at 8:30 am. Non-resident registration opens Saturday, April 13.and online registration will begin a week later on Saturday, April 20. Proof of residency is required and registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The summer camp season kicks off June 10! Only registered youth will be allowed to participate in the Yucaipa Summer Camp program. Campers must be slated to attend grades TK (transitional kindergarten) through 8th grade in the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
Two camp locations are planned for this summer. Adventure Camp for children ages TK to 3rd grade will be held at the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa. Older kids in grades 4 to 8 will be enrolled in Splash Camp to be held at the 7th Street Camp Room at 12385 7th St. in Yucaipa. Camp is offered from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day.
Yucaipa’s Summer Camp will feature a weekly theme and provide opportunities for kids to meet/make new friends and engage in a variety of activities to include games, crafts, sports, science, fitness, team building and other child and age appropriate pursuits. Children will be grouped according to their age/grade and led by a designated Recreation Leader as an independent group The Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District (YCJUSD) will provide campers with lunch each day from June 10 through July 26.
Fees for summer camp are as follows:
- 2 days per session $70 resident fee $91 non-resident fee
- 5 days per session $135 resident fee $175.50 non-resident fee
1st through 8th Grade Enrollees
- 2 days per session $65 resident fee $84.50 non-resident fee
- 5 days per session $125 resident fee $162.50 non-resident fee
Yucaipa’s Summers Camps offer nine sessions as follows:
- Session 1 M-F 06/10/19 to 06/14/19
- Session 2 M-F 06/17/19 to 06/21/19
- Session 3 M-F 06/24/19 to 06/28/19
- Session 4 M-W 07/01/19 to 07/03/19*
- Session 5 M-F 07/08/19 to 07/12/19
- Session 6 M-F 07/15/19 to 07/19/19
- Session 7 M-F 07/22/19 to 07/26/19
- Session 8 M-F 07/29/19 to 08/02/19
- Session 9 M-W 08/02/19 to 08/07/19*
*Please note that camp is held only Monday through Wednesday these weeks due to 4th of July and the end of camp, respectively.
For additional information regarding Yucaipa Summer Camp including rules, regulations, check-in/check-out procedures, the no refund/credit policy, the online application form and other pertinent information, go to: http://www.yucaipa.org/wp-content/uploads/CSD/SummerCamp2019.pdf.
For questions and/or any concerns contact either Community Services Coordinator Jesse Cervantes at: 909-790-7460, ext. 324 or visit the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa.