- San Bernardino County Museum opens registration for the first of six 2018 Dome Talks
- Applications sought for “Patriots of the Past, Present, and Future” hosted by Senator Mike Morrell
- Burning Wild exhibit to open December 19 at San Bernardino County Museum
- San Bernardino County Regional Parks opens applications for 2018 summer lifeguard positions
- Heed the advice Cal Fire firefighters tell their own families how to prepare before a fire strikes
Interested in learning more about how to get started in ham radio – we have a class for that!
Anyone interested in learning more about ham radio and antennas, or in the clubs/nets in the local area should plan to attend a free training on Thursday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.at the Yucaipa Community Center. If you have your ham radio license bring your radio so you can have a hands-on opportunity to learn even more about how to get started in using your radio.
According to the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Amateur Radio (ham radio) is a popular hobby and service that brings people, electronics and communication together. People use ham radio to talk across town, around the world, or even into space, all without the Internet or cell phones. It’s fun, social, educational, and can be a lifeline during times of need.
To register for this one-session event go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ham-radio-now-what-class-tickets-39502019604. For more information contact Kim Everts at: 909-797-2489 ext. 221. The Yucaipa Community Center is located at 34900 Oak Glen Rd. in Yucaipa.