- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
Interested in learning more about how to get started in ham radio – we have a class for that!
Anyone interested in learning more about ham radio and antennas, or in the clubs/nets in the local area should plan to attend a free training on Thursday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.at the Yucaipa Community Center. If you have your ham radio license bring your radio so you can have a hands-on opportunity to learn even more about how to get started in using your radio.
According to the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Amateur Radio (ham radio) is a popular hobby and service that brings people, electronics and communication together. People use ham radio to talk across town, around the world, or even into space, all without the Internet or cell phones. It’s fun, social, educational, and can be a lifeline during times of need.
To register for this one-session event go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ham-radio-now-what-class-tickets-39502019604. For more information contact Kim Everts at: 909-797-2489 ext. 221. The Yucaipa Community Center is located at 34900 Oak Glen Rd. in Yucaipa.