- OmniTrans provides extensive transportation options in and around Yucaipa
- Senator Morrell to cohost annual Ark of Safety Forum on emergency preparedness
- Community Calendar: July 16
- Yucaipa Animal Placement Society recognizes Monica Harris as Volunteer of the Year
- Registration now open for Yucaipa’s 2018/2019 S.T.A.R.S. Program
Interested in learning more about how to get started in ham radio – we have a class for that!
Anyone interested in learning more about ham radio and antennas, or in the clubs/nets in the local area should plan to attend a free training on Thursday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.at the Yucaipa Community Center. If you have your ham radio license bring your radio so you can have a hands-on opportunity to learn even more about how to get started in using your radio.
According to the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Amateur Radio (ham radio) is a popular hobby and service that brings people, electronics and communication together. People use ham radio to talk across town, around the world, or even into space, all without the Internet or cell phones. It’s fun, social, educational, and can be a lifeline during times of need.
To register for this one-session event go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ham-radio-now-what-class-tickets-39502019604. For more information contact Kim Everts at: 909-797-2489 ext. 221. The Yucaipa Community Center is located at 34900 Oak Glen Rd. in Yucaipa.