- Rep. Cook praises President Trump’s nominee Kimberly Breier for Western Hemisphere position
- Laugh a little at Crafton Hills College’s April Fool’s Improv Shows in honor of instructor battling cancer
- Seniors — Have you been scammed by this man who failed to complete home improvements?
- Yucaipa Trout Derby to be held Saturday March 31 at the Yucaipa Regional Park
- Calling all Yucaipa 6th graders – join the new One Day Environmental Science Camp
Interested in learning more about how to get started in ham radio – we have a class for that!
Anyone interested in learning more about ham radio and antennas, or in the clubs/nets in the local area should plan to attend a free training on Thursday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 8 p.m.at the Yucaipa Community Center. If you have your ham radio license bring your radio so you can have a hands-on opportunity to learn even more about how to get started in using your radio.
According to the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Amateur Radio (ham radio) is a popular hobby and service that brings people, electronics and communication together. People use ham radio to talk across town, around the world, or even into space, all without the Internet or cell phones. It’s fun, social, educational, and can be a lifeline during times of need.
To register for this one-session event go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ham-radio-now-what-class-tickets-39502019604. For more information contact Kim Everts at: 909-797-2489 ext. 221. The Yucaipa Community Center is located at 34900 Oak Glen Rd. in Yucaipa.