- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
Hiker Rescued in Big Falls/Forest Falls by County Air Rescue 306
A 22-year-old Yucaipa hiker was rescued late Sunday afternoon by San Bernardino County (SBC) Sheriff’s Air Rescue 306 (AR306) at the request of the San Bernardino County Fire.
Hiker Joaquin Tzintzun had fallen in the Big Falls/Forest Falls area and injured his leg. He was unable to walk and therefore required the assistance of Air Rescue 306. SBC Fire first made contact with Tzintzun, assessed his situation and called for AR 306 assistance.
A medic was lowered approximately 135 feet to Tzintzun who secured him in a rescue harness and the victim was hoisted to the aircraft and then followed by the medic. A waiting ambulance assumed care and follow-up with Tzintzun. His condition is not known at this time.
The AR 306 rescue of Tzintzun included Pilot Ryan Peppler, Crew Chief Reserve Deputy Wayne Hess and Medics Volunteer Bernie Horak and Reserve Deputy Gordon Yee.