- Free Hands-Only CPR Training at Crafton Hills College Next Thursday
- Cosmic Nights with the San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers at the SBC Museum
- Rep. Paul Cook to Hold Information Session for Students Interested in Attending Military Academies
- SPARC, Inc. hosts Back to School events at two Yucaipa Millennium Mobile Home Communities
- Yucaipa Rotary Seeks Entries for the 64th Annual Yucaipa Christmas Parade
Hiker Rescued in Big Falls/Forest Falls by County Air Rescue 306
A 22-year-old Yucaipa hiker was rescued late Sunday afternoon by San Bernardino County (SBC) Sheriff’s Air Rescue 306 (AR306) at the request of the San Bernardino County Fire.
Hiker Joaquin Tzintzun had fallen in the Big Falls/Forest Falls area and injured his leg. He was unable to walk and therefore required the assistance of Air Rescue 306. SBC Fire first made contact with Tzintzun, assessed his situation and called for AR 306 assistance.
A medic was lowered approximately 135 feet to Tzintzun who secured him in a rescue harness and the victim was hoisted to the aircraft and then followed by the medic. A waiting ambulance assumed care and follow-up with Tzintzun. His condition is not known at this time.
The AR 306 rescue of Tzintzun included Pilot Ryan Peppler, Crew Chief Reserve Deputy Wayne Hess and Medics Volunteer Bernie Horak and Reserve Deputy Gordon Yee.