- Animal Care and Control Announces New Fee Schedule
- San Bernardino County Mandated to Close Certain Indoor Business Operations
- Senate Republicans Request Columbus Statue Remain at State Capitol
- How to Celebrate 4th of July Safely During Coronavirus
- Crafton Hills Respiratory Care Program Receives CoARC Award
Get your New Year’s Resolutions off to a good start with YAPS Wag & Walks Program
Many people list getting more exercise as one of their New Year’s resolutions. Why not accomplish that goal while helping a four-legged friend at the same time? The Yucaipa Animal Placement Society (YAPS) is kicking off the new year with their Wag & Walks Program, where volunteers can enjoy a morning walk with one of the dogs at YAPS.
The walk is about 2.5 miles and begins at YAPS, then continues onto Chapman Heights Road. The walk starts at 8:30 am and lasts about an hour. Participants are encouraged to arrive by 8:00 am. Sunscreen, water and comfortable shoes are suggested.
The walk is open to all ages, however, children under 14 years of age are not allowed to hold leashes during the walk. All children and teens under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent and all participants must have a valid waiver on file.
Walks will be held on the second and fourth Saturdays through 2020 (weather permitting).
For more information on the walks please contact YAPS at email@example.com or call (909) 790-1440.