- Rep. Paul Cook Cosponsoring the College Transparency Act to Aid Families in Well-Informed Choices
- Parade Registration Now Open for the Yucaipa Christmas Parade
- Join YAPS for its Second Annual Bingo Night at Escape Craft Brewery on October 26
- Chances are Your Tween/Teen Knows More about Social Media Than You Do
- Crafton Hills College to Unveil Legacy Society Wall
Get Ready for Today’s Take a Hike Yucaipa!
The weather should be great for hiking on Saturday, Sept.14 when the Yucaipa Trails and Open Space Committee hosts its September Take A Hike Yucaipa outing. With a predicted low of 61 degrees and a high of 96 degrees the hike, which begins at 8 a.m., when it’s still fairly cool. But come prepared for warming temps – bring a hat with a wide brim, sunscreen, lots of water and wear sturdy shoes.
Todays’s hike will begin at 8 a.m. at the Yucaipa Community Center on Oak Glen Road at 2nd Street (at Zanja Peak Trailhead 34.043087-117.058763) and continue on the Regional Park Loop. The hike is 2.4 miles long and is completed in approximately 45 minutes for most people. This trail offers a variety of scenery, travels past the soccer fields and down into the Regional Park. Most of the trail is paved except the section that runs along Oak Glen Road.
Strollers are not recommended for this month’s hike but dogs, on leash, are welcome.
The humidity on Saturday is predicted to be 17 percent under sunny skies. Winds will be light from the west at 13 mph. All things considered this is a great time to join the Yucaipa Trails and Open Space Committee for a hike. Be sure to come a little early to sign in and be part of the group photo.