- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
Free Hands-Only CPR Training at Crafton Hills College Next Thursday
Crafton Hills College (CHC) is offering free Hands-Only CPR training next Thursday, Sept. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2:0 p.m. The Hands-Only CPR can help save the lives of people who experience sudden cardiac arrest and is a valuable stop-gap measure that can be performed by trained members of the public until first-responders can get to the scene.
The Hands-Only CPR Mobile Tour is making a five-week long tour through five states and CHC is one of their stops. The tour is supported by Anthem Bleu Cross Foundation and the CareMore Foundation.
This free training, set to music, will teach the two easy steps of Hands-Only CPR – calling 911 9 or having someone else make the emergency call) and then beginning the Hands-Only CPR you have been taught.
The CHC Hands-Only CPR training will feature giveaways such as free t-shirts and other prizes. The training will be held in the CHC Quad next to parking lot D. Crafton Hills College is located at 11711 Sand Canyon Road in Yucaipa and the college can be reached at: 909 794-2161.
For additional information on Hands-Only CPR go to: http://yucaipadailynews.com/community/san-bernardino-county-firefighters-offering-free-training-for-groups-on-hands-only-cpr/.