- Artist Bernard Hoyes works open at the County Museum
- Yucaipa Voters to Cast Ballots on Transactions and Use Tax Ordinance of 2020 on March 3
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Homeowners and Homebuyers
- “Take Me Out to the Ballgame…” – Signups Underway for Yucaipa’s 2020 Spring Little Leagues
- Yucaipa Performing Arts Center Presents Jarabe Mexicano on Friday, Dec. 13
Don’t Forget Saturday’s Take A Hike Yucaipa!
The Yucaipa Trails and Open Space Committee has announced the next Take A Hike Yucaipa! will be this Saturday, Aug. 10 beginning at 8 a.m. Take A Hike Yucaipa is held on the second Saturday of each month on various Yucaipa trails. Organizers recommend coming a bit early to get registered and be able to be included in the monthly group photo.
This month’s hike will be on the Grape Ave. trail; coordinates are 34.065584, -117.043034. The hike will begin almost at the end of Grape Ave., west off Bryant Ave. Hikers will be traversing the Grape Ave. Trail up to the reservoir in the Crafton Hills. Watch for the Take A Hike Yucaipa flags at the intersection of Bryant and Grape. A second flag will mark the trailhead.
The hike is about 45 minutes each way and is an uphill trail. Strollers not recommended for this month’s hike but dogs on leash are welcome.
Weather this Saturday should be great for an early morning hike with sunny skies and a predicted high of 87 degrees. Humidity is expected to be 30 percent and winds will be between 10 and 20 mph from the west.