- Rep. Cook Announces COVID-19 Recovery Grants for Local Communities
- County Land Services to begin annual property inspections for fire hazards
- County Public Health Officer recommends face coverings during essential outings
- Crafton Hills ‘Superheroes’ Are Using Online Instruction to Continue Educating
- New Homebuilding Will Lead the Way to Recovery
Don’t Forget Saturday’s Take A Hike Yucaipa!
The Yucaipa Trails and Open Space Committee has announced the next Take A Hike Yucaipa! will be this Saturday, Aug. 10 beginning at 8 a.m. Take A Hike Yucaipa is held on the second Saturday of each month on various Yucaipa trails. Organizers recommend coming a bit early to get registered and be able to be included in the monthly group photo.
This month’s hike will be on the Grape Ave. trail; coordinates are 34.065584, -117.043034. The hike will begin almost at the end of Grape Ave., west off Bryant Ave. Hikers will be traversing the Grape Ave. Trail up to the reservoir in the Crafton Hills. Watch for the Take A Hike Yucaipa flags at the intersection of Bryant and Grape. A second flag will mark the trailhead.
The hike is about 45 minutes each way and is an uphill trail. Strollers not recommended for this month’s hike but dogs on leash are welcome.
Weather this Saturday should be great for an early morning hike with sunny skies and a predicted high of 87 degrees. Humidity is expected to be 30 percent and winds will be between 10 and 20 mph from the west.