- Community Calendar: January 21
- YAPS and Yucaipa Lions to Host Tails and Trails Dog Walk to Raise Funds for Homeless Pets
- Make Plans to Attend the Yucaipa Chamber’s Annual Installation and Community Awards Banquet
- Riley’s Farm Owner Featured on Huckabee TV, Reviews Lawsuit for Expressing His Personal Opinions
- Parent Information Meetings Scheduled for Student Required Sex Ed and HIV/AIDS Prevention Classes
Crafton Hills College Foundation Schedules Scholarship Donors and Student Recipients Meeting
Crafton Hills College (CHC) will be the site of grateful students and enthusiastic scholarship donors next week at a reception to unite donors and student recipients. The CHC Foundation will host the reception next Thursday, Aug. 30 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Crafton Hall.
“It’s such a pleasure to give the scholarship recipients an opportunity to thank their benefactor,” said Michelle Riggs, director of community relations and resource development. “Awarding scholarships is part of our core mission.”
The generosity of CHC’s donors was recently shared by the CHC Foundation in a press release. The family of Todd Browne established a $1,000 annual scholarship in Browne’s after he passed away. Browne had earned his A.A. degree while attending CHC and ultimately received his B.A. from a California State University. He went on to become a 5th grade teacher while suffering from the disease that ultimately took his life.
As part of the reception, Veronica Roberts, Browne’s sister will share why her family established the scholarship in Browne’s name. The Todd Browne Scholarship is just one of many funds that have been established at CHC and which have allowed the college to award over $117,000 in scholarships last spring.
The reception next week is sure to include many handshakes, hugs, expressions of gratitude and perhaps a few tears. Thank you CHC scholarship donors!