- Experts Encourage Families to have a Plan for When Disaster Strikes
- County Health Officer Issue Smoke Advisory for El Dorado Fire
- Crafton ASL Instructor’s Program Being Utilized Across the Nation
- Applications being accepted for Youth Advisory Committee through Sept. 30
- First Digital Victim Advocate Program Launched In California
Cooling Centers Available to Residents
Feeling hot? Residents can visit one of the City’s cooling centers, located at the Senior Center and the Community Center. Or residents can go to the Yucaipa Library to avoid extreme heat.
These centers serve as a valuable resource for those who are looking to beat the heat, but don’t have or can’t afford air conditioning.
When residents do find themselves in a heat wave, they should stay well hydrated, avoid extreme temperature changes, stay indoors as much as possible, and check on family, friends and animals that are susceptible to extreme heat.
Children and animals should never be left in enclosed vehicles on a warm day, even for just a few minutes. Temperatures in a car on a hot day can quickly rise to dangerous levels.
The cooling centers are located at:
- Scherer Community Center: 12202 1st St, Yucaipa, CA 92399; (909) 797-1177
- Yucaipa Community Center: 34900 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399; (909) 790-7460
- Yucaipa Library: 12040 5th St, Yucaipa, CA 92399; (909) 790-3146