- Crafton Hills College and City of Yucaipa Install Banners Promoting the Local College
- Yucaipa Recruiting for Position of Crossing Guard for the 2018/19 School Year
- Yucaipa Rotary’s Braswell Memorial Golf Tournament Returns for 5th Annual Event on Sept. 21
- Community Calendar: August 13
- Three Yucaipians part of Crafton Hills College’s 89th Paramedic Class Graduates
City seeks to fill vacancy on Trails and Open Space Committee
The city of Yucaipa has announced a vacancy on the Trails and Open Space Committee. Anyone qualified to hold a seat on the Yucaipa Trails and Open Space Committee — either residents, property owners, or business owners within the city of Yucaipa are encouraged to apply.
The Trails and Open Space Committee’s primary responsibilities include:
- Making recommendations to Council, implementing directives as related to the City’s Master Trails Plan, and
- Making recommendations to Council, implementing directives as related to the acquisition and maintenance of public open space.
Membership on the committee occurs through appointment by the Mayor and each Councilmember with four members being appointed at-large. Each committee member’s term (at-large and individual Councilmember appointments) run consistent with the general municipal election are for two-years from January 1 to January 1. The current vacancy on the Trails and Open Space Committee is for an unexpired position for a term ending January 1, 2019.
Regularly scheduled meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM.
Other vacancies also exist for other city commissions and committees; some of the vacancies are slated for a student member. For information on these open positions and additional information concerning the function of each Commission/Committee, appointment process, and meeting times may be obtained from the General Services/City Clerk Department, 909-797-2489, ext. 221.
The city of Yucaipa’s staff liaison for the Trails and Open Space Committee is Fermin Preciado, director of Public Works/City Engineer. She can be reached at 797-2489 ext. 240. Applications for the Trails and Open Space Committee are available at Yucaipa City Hall (34272 Yucaipa Blvd. in Yucaipa), by calling 909-797-2489 ext. 221, or on the City’s website at: http://yucaipa.org/wp-content/uploads/commissions_committees/Citizen_Service_App.pdf.