- Multi-Chamber Mixer at Yucaipa Valley Golf Club Set for Wednesday, April 17
- Do You Wonder – “Is It Normal Aging or Is It Dementia?”
- Start Gathering Your Household Waste Now for the April 13 Round-Up
- Plan Now for Aging-in-Place Home Improvements
- April 13 is the City of Yucaipa’s Annual Eggstravaganza
City of Yucaipa Publicizing Two Classes to Get Yucaipians Moving with Gentle Exercise
If you’re looking to start a regular exercise routine and schedule, the city of Yucaipa might have just what you need for gentle exercise. Most medical personnel tell their patients to start with a gentle but sustained exercise routine so as to not over-do it and potentially hurt yourself or damage some part of the body.
The city of Yucaipa has two classes designed for gentle stretching and exercise:
- The Gentle Moves Class is similar to yoga and Pilates with a focus on joint care, stretching, posture, strength, core training and balance.
- The Tai Chi Class provides a gentle start to your day with movements that will improve strength, flexibility and balance.
The Gentle Moves Class meets Mondays and Thursday from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.at the Scherer Community Center. The class is $5 per class on a drop-in basis. The Tai Chi Class is held on Tuesday and Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Also held at the Scherer Community Center, this class costs $4 per class or can be purchased for a monthly fee of $25.
The Yucaipa Scherer Community Center is located at 12202 First St., in Yucaipa. For additional information on either class, go to: http://yucaipa.org/recreation/ or call the city at: 909-797-2489.