- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
City of Yucaipa Publicizing Two Classes to Get Yucaipians Moving with Gentle Exercise
If you’re looking to start a regular exercise routine and schedule, the city of Yucaipa might have just what you need for gentle exercise. Most medical personnel tell their patients to start with a gentle but sustained exercise routine so as to not over-do it and potentially hurt yourself or damage some part of the body.
The city of Yucaipa has two classes designed for gentle stretching and exercise:
- The Gentle Moves Class is similar to yoga and Pilates with a focus on joint care, stretching, posture, strength, core training and balance.
- The Tai Chi Class provides a gentle start to your day with movements that will improve strength, flexibility and balance.
The Gentle Moves Class meets Mondays and Thursday from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.at the Scherer Community Center. The class is $5 per class on a drop-in basis. The Tai Chi Class is held on Tuesday and Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Also held at the Scherer Community Center, this class costs $4 per class or can be purchased for a monthly fee of $25.
The Yucaipa Scherer Community Center is located at 12202 First St., in Yucaipa. For additional information on either class, go to: http://yucaipa.org/recreation/ or call the city at: 909-797-2489.