- Animal Care and Control Announces New Fee Schedule
- San Bernardino County Mandated to Close Certain Indoor Business Operations
- Senate Republicans Request Columbus Statue Remain at State Capitol
- How to Celebrate 4th of July Safely During Coronavirus
- Crafton Hills Respiratory Care Program Receives CoARC Award
Chances are Your Tween/Teen Knows More about Social Media Than You Do
Vimeo, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, Viber, Snapchat, Tagged and the list goes on. The number and diversity of social media sites is ever-growing and evolving right before our eyes.
Are you up-to-date on what your tween or teen is doing on social media? Are you aware of the sites your adolescent uses? Have you established boundaries for what sites your kids can use and do you regularly monitor their use? Have you established rules for your child’s technology use after certain hours?
Welcome to technology parenting!
The Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District (YCJUSD) wants to help parents better understand social media and how to become aware of the latest trends in social media use by teens. Plan to attend “Social Media for Parents” on Wednesday, Oct. 16 beginning at 6 p.m. at Park View Middle School located at: 34875 Tahoe Dr. in Yucaipa. Clark Morrow, social media specialist, will share information and insights into this burgeoning field and how it impacts tweens/teens, parents and families.
For additional information on this upcoming presentation contact Arisve Barriga at YCJUSD at: Arisve_Barriga@ycjusd.us or at: 909-797-0174, ext. 5825.