- Artist Bernard Hoyes works open at the County Museum
- Yucaipa Voters to Cast Ballots on Transactions and Use Tax Ordinance of 2020 on March 3
- A Holiday Gift Guide for Homeowners and Homebuyers
- “Take Me Out to the Ballgame…” – Signups Underway for Yucaipa’s 2020 Spring Little Leagues
- Yucaipa Performing Arts Center Presents Jarabe Mexicano on Friday, Dec. 13
Chances are Your Tween/Teen Knows More about Social Media Than You Do
Vimeo, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, Viber, Snapchat, Tagged and the list goes on. The number and diversity of social media sites is ever-growing and evolving right before our eyes.
Are you up-to-date on what your tween or teen is doing on social media? Are you aware of the sites your adolescent uses? Have you established boundaries for what sites your kids can use and do you regularly monitor their use? Have you established rules for your child’s technology use after certain hours?
Welcome to technology parenting!
The Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District (YCJUSD) wants to help parents better understand social media and how to become aware of the latest trends in social media use by teens. Plan to attend “Social Media for Parents” on Wednesday, Oct. 16 beginning at 6 p.m. at Park View Middle School located at: 34875 Tahoe Dr. in Yucaipa. Clark Morrow, social media specialist, will share information and insights into this burgeoning field and how it impacts tweens/teens, parents and families.
For additional information on this upcoming presentation contact Arisve Barriga at YCJUSD at: Arisve_Barriga@ycjusd.us or at: 909-797-0174, ext. 5825.