- Crafton Hills College Welcomes New Custodial Supervisor
- County Department of Public Health offers COVID-19 testing to local businesses
- Community Activity Grant Application Period Open Till June 15
- Letter to the Editor: Civilian defenders deserve appreciation
- The City of Yucaipa and the Yucaipa Rotary Club Host Blood Drive June 3
CERT Training Returns to Yucaipa, Sign-Up Before June 17
Are you looking to make a difference in your community by being able to respond to disasters and help with city events? By being trained as a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) member you will have the skills to assist your family and neighbors, save lives, and protect property. CERT groups are known and trusted resources to emergency responders and their communities as go-to individuals for assistance and help.
The Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District’s (YCJUSD) CERT training is a program that prepares you to help yourself, your family, and your neighbors in the event of a disaster. During a major incident, emergency service personnel will not be able to reach everyone immediately but CERT-trained volunteers can assist people under emergency personnel are available.
The next YCJUSD CERT training program will be held June 21 to 23. All three days and training modules must be attended to complete the course. This free training program is open to all Yucaipa residents and employees ages 18 and older. The upcoming CERT training will be held at 12797 Third St. in Yucaipa in the upper back parking lot as follows:
- Friday, June 21 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 22 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Registration for the upcoming CERT training is open until Monday, June 17. To register go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/community-emergency-response-team-cert-basic-20-hour-training-tickets-62583011472?fbclid=IwAR1do9A_2eTUhizbBC-cLTjK2VJXFhspC9FENu5B3ydPn0R1P-Qg2uIpp8Y#tickets. For questions or additional information call Kim Everts through the city of Yucaipa at: 909-797-2489.