- Legislation by Sen. Morrell Providing Financial Relief to Disabled Veterans Passed by State Senate
- San Bernardino County Museum Opens New Exhibit — Pulp Culture: A Juicy Tale in the Orange Empire
- City of Yucaipa Joins Calimesa in Celebrating Memorial Day at Desert Lawn Funeral Home
- City Now Accepting Community Activity Grant Applications for 2019/20 Grant Cycle
- Audition Dates for Yucaipa Little Theatre’s Musical “Annie” Set for May 28 and 29
Celebrate National Bike to School Day, Wednesday, May 8
It’s time for a bicycle check-up/tune-up so you’re safe and ready to join the fun on National Bike to School Day. The Wednesday, May 8 observance encourages students from around the country to celebrate the benefits of bicycling by riding their bike to school.
Multiple Yucaipa schools are joining in the fun of National Bike to School Day including Calimesa, Chapman Heights, Dunlap, Park View, Ridgeview, Valley and Wildwood elementary schools and Competitive Edge Charter Academy. Biking riding for pleasure or purpose – like getting to and from work or school – has many benefits; it’s healthy, fun and it’s great for the environment. And, considering the price of gasoline these days, it’s also a great way to save money!
So, tune-up your bike and be ready for National Bike to School Day! Check your tires for signs of wear and the air in the tires. Tighten-up the handlebars, oil the chain (if needed) and don’t forget to examine your helmet for signs of wear and tear including the safety straps.
Also, because May is National Bike Month, Yucaipa is again hosting the annual Yucaipa Bike Rodeo on Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Yucaipa High School. More information on this is forthcoming.