- Bring Your Children to the Kid’s Costume Contest at City Hall on Monday, Oct. 22
- Lace Up Your Running Shoes and Join this Sunday’s YAPS’s 5K and 0.3K Run/Walk Fundraiser
- Get Ready for the Great California ShakeOut Earthquake Drill scheduled for today
- San Bernardino Comm. College Dist. Receives Employment Training Contract to Upskill 3,200 Workers
- Prepare for this Year’s Flu Season — Get Your Flu Shot for Free!
California is offering to waive some back fees and taxes for mobile home owners; take a look!
In short, if your mobile home is either not registered, not registered properly or you don’t know the status of your mobile home’s registration you need to look into a fee and tax waiver program from the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for owners of mobile and manufactured homes.
Many people aren’t even aware that some types of mobile and manufactured homes have to be registered with the state. But, if you ever hope to transfer the title, leave it to a loved one or apply for fire or flood insurance, a properly registered mobile or manufactured home is required. Additionally, certain permits for upgrades or proving ownership to a landlord or park manager will require registration with the state.
To simplify your life – or the lives of those who may inherit your mobile and manufactured home — contact the state’s Department of Housing and Community Development. HDC can walk you through the process; call them during regular business hours (Monday through Friday) at: 1-800-952-8356. If you want to research the program before calling HDC, go to: www.RegisterYourMobilehomeCA.org.