- The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Returns To Riley’s Farm
- Legislation to combat transnational gangs supported by Rep. Paul Cook
- Yucaipa’s 2017 Autumn Festival to feature hometown fun on October 13 and 14
- Community Calendar: September 18
- Plan to support the YAPS “Bets For Pets” fundraiser to help benefit local pets
Are you interested in getting your Amateur Ham Radio License?
The city of Yucaipa is again offering the opportunity for interested individuals to enroll in a three-day class to study for and take to the exam to earn the Amateur Ham Radio License. The license is the first step toward becoming ready to enjoy recreational ham radio broadcasting and to take additional classes and tests to become able to help communicate in local disasters. Class participants must be at least 16 years of age.
Classes for the technician level class will be held in November. However, class attendees will need to purchase the required Technician Class FCC Element 2 Amateur Radio License Preparation, eighth edition, book prior to the class. The class information requests that attendees read and review the material prior to the first class. The book is available for purchase at amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or GordonWestRadioSchool.com. The book ranges in price from $20 to $30; the book’s author is Gordon West, WB6NOA with Eric P. Nicolas, KL7AJ.
Classes will be held at the Yucaipa Community Center at 34900 Oak Glen Rd on:
- Friday November 3rd, 6:00 pm—9:00 pm
- Saturday November 4th, 8:00 am—5:00 pm
- Sunday November 5th, 8:00 am—5:00 pm
A $15 testing fee will be due on Sunday in order to take the certification exam. There is no fee for the class itself.
For questions and additional information contact Kim Everts at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 909-797-2489 ext. 221.