- Experts Encourage Families to have a Plan for When Disaster Strikes
- County Health Officer Issue Smoke Advisory for El Dorado Fire
- Crafton ASL Instructor’s Program Being Utilized Across the Nation
- Applications being accepted for Youth Advisory Committee through Sept. 30
- First Digital Victim Advocate Program Launched In California
Applications being accepted for Youth Advisory Committee through Sept. 30
The City of Yucaipa is seeking young adults, ages 14 to 25 years, to recommend strategies and collaborate directly with Council Members and the City as a part of the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC).
The YAC is comprised of 13 youth members and two city councilmembers (who serve as non-voting liaisons.) Meetings are held from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at City Hall. Committee members serve two year terms.
The Youth Advisory Committee’s primary responsibilities include:
- Promoting community involvement by completing a minimum of ten (10) hours of community service in the community per year for a total of twenty (20) hours per term
- Reviewing and/or suggesting proposals for programs, projects, and facilities as they pertain to youth
- Create opportunities for public discussion of youth issues through meetings, workshops and conferences
- Reviewing and making recommendations on matters pertaining to youth programming and/or services to the Parks and Recreation Commission, Healthy Yucaipa Committee, Trails and Open Space Committee, and/or City Council
- Create opportunities for youth to be involved in community events and programs
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all other policy matters pertaining to youth
Applications are due to City Hall by 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The application is available at http://yucaipa.org . For questions and additional information contact Megan Wolfe at 909-790-7460 or at: email@example.com.